Tuesday, June 17, 2014

2 weddings 2 weekends


On June 5, we headed to Mesa, Arizona for my cousin's wedding. We stopped in Las Vegas at Jennifer's house to drop Jordi off and spend the night before we started our trip to Mesa. We got up early Friday morning and headed to Mesa. I thought it would be a good idea to get Krispy Kreme donuts before we headed out. It did not turn out so well. I always get sick when I eat them. We were about 2 hours into the trip and I got super sick. I was sick the rest of the day.
Trace had to have his juice and two types of cookies to be happy.
Kambri was so good for the 6 1/2 hour drive!



















We got to Mesa about an hour before the wedding and tried to check into our hotel early, but no one was there. It took us 15 minutes to find someone to tell us check in was at 2. I tried to get a hold of my aunt and uncle to see if we could change in their room, but there was no luck.  So we changed in the car and headed to the temple. We were so lucky to have Jessica and Nolan watch our kids while we attended the sealing. We were so excited for Caitlyn! She looked beautiful and it was awesome to be with family.

Kambri and Elizabeth loved playing with each other.

Saturday morning we got up and headed home and I had a hard time again in the car. I thought it was the donuts, but maybe I had a bug. I was sick for 5 days. I couldn't eat or drink much without getting sick. The thought or sight of food made me sick. The upside is I finally kicked my soda habit. It might be a long time before I can enjoy a Dr. Pepper again. 
The happy couple!
  The next weekend we headed to Mount Pleasant for Courtney's cousin's wedding. This time it was only a 3 hour one way drive and we did it in one day. Kambri and Trace did so so good on this trip. The only downfall was our outlets in our car went out and couldn't run the DVD players. I fortunately had my iPad and let the kids watch one show on the way there and one on the way home. We got really lucky because Trace fell asleep on the way home and stayed asleep for the transfer to the crib! It was a great trip and was really good to see family that we haven't seen for years!


He's smiling with his eyes...


No comments:

Post a Comment