Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pregnancy 37 Weeks


This week when I went to the doctors to check the progress of the baby, I was only measuring 35 weeks. I asked the doctor if that concerned him and he said no. That seemed a little weird to me, but I went along with it. When he checked me I was 3 cm dilated and 70-75% effaced. After he checked me he said "I stripped your membranes a little". Courtney and I got talking about it after and decided he must have done it on accident, because he never asked me if I wanted it done and the way he said it made it seem like it was a mistake. For the next few days I had a lot of contractions, but nothing to get excited about. Sunday came and I started to have regular contractions. For about 6 hours the contractions were coming pretty regular 3-5 minutes apart. Around 7 p.m. they started to get stronger and lasted longer. At 8 p.m. we called Courtney's dad and asked him to come up to watch Kambri because we were headed to the hospital. We also called my mom and sister who headed this way as well. When we got to the hospital I was still 3 cm, and they watched me for an hour. After an hour I had only dilated 1/2 cm, so they decided they were going to watch me for another hour to see if I made more progress. After the hour there was no change so I was sent home. It was a little disappointing, but glad that the little guy was able to cook longer.



Monday afternoon my mom got a call saying my grandma was being rushed to the hospital. Shortly after she found out my grandma had another stroke and she couldn't feel the left side of her body and she was being transferred to Utah Valley. Courtney and I decided it was meant to be that I went into false labor Sunday so my mom could be here for her my grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment