Tuesday, October 5, 2010

37 Weeks!

The last few days have whirl wind of emotions. Friday we ended up in the hospital because my contractions were 4 minutes apart for 1 minute and they were more intense then i have ever felt them. They monitored the me and the baby for an hour and checked me and i was still 50% effaced and dilated to 1cm, so i was sent home. The rest of the weekend i was having regular contractions, but they weren't getting any stronger. Monday we went for our weekly check up and i was 2-3 cm dilated and 75% effaced. We also found out the baby was breech. They set me up to get a Version (manually turning the baby from the outside) for today. We went in at 5am to get all set up. I got an epidural which wasn't as bad as i thought they would be, and at 7am the doctor came in to do the Version. It was taking a long time for me to get numb on my belly, so they kept giving me more medicine and by the time they were done they had given me 50% more then they usually do. That caused me to have low blood pressure and several times had to give me medicine to keep it up. It was all worth it though because they got the baby turned around! I am very thankful for my doctor who worked with me even though i was freaking out. I am grateful for the most wonderful husband in the world who was there for me the whole time reminding me to breath and telling me i was doing great. He is the best support person, and wonderful husband. I love him so much.

Hopefully the little girl gives me time to heal before she decides to come!



2 comments:

  1. Brandi! oh my goodness! I am glad to hear that you guys are doing okay! I really wish that I was there to help out. :( just remember you're in my prayers and I know that everything will work out. good luck girly! luv ya!
    ~ASH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo sorry that you had to have this done but am soooo glad that she is turned the right way now. Relax and TRY to take it easy for the next couple days (I know this is going to be hard)! Let me know if I can help. Thank heavens for good husbands. You definitely have a keeper. He is one happy daddy-to-be! =D

    ReplyDelete